How To Conduct A Community Meeting:
- Choose a meeting space that has ample room for community attendance.
- Choose a future date well and a one month notice is advisable with reminders as the date nears.
- Send USPS postcard notification to ALL district areas that would be impacted by project.
- Use a public social media forum to inform and alert public of upcoming meeting date, map and relative information.
- Provide public transportation route information.
- Have road side signage at meeting place day of meeting.
- Have ample seating with emergency exit doors open and no noisy event or businesses nearby.
- Have water, drinking fountain or water refill available.
- Have a sign-in sheet for attendees to use to inform of future related project meetings.
- Explain to attendees that said meeting is a public meeting versus a private meeting so that those in attendance are aware their comments may be featured in social media or video recordings.
- Have presentation and community Q&A time fairly allocated during the meeting.
- Leave meeting with a decision or agree to an action item, either community action item or project presenter action item.
Comments are closed.